Pages

HomeAboutContact

3.5.12

Photography - The Macro Button


Lesson 2 - Using the Macro button

So, for those of you who have been following my blog you'll know I enrolled on a photography course and am blogging about what I learn each week.  This week it was all about the macro button.  For novices like me you'll be thinking er 'pardon, the macro what?'  Well basically it's the button with the flower on it.  This button is life changing!  It lets you take really close up photos and keep them in focus.

Below is an example, guest featuring my basil plant, the only thing I have grown from scratch! 

 Macro Off                                              Macro On



Can you see the difference?  With macro off the basil leaves are blurry and the background is in focus.  With macro on the basil leaves are clearer and sharp and the background out of focus making sure all our attention is on the basil leaves.

Happy snapping.

4 comments:

  1. Great tip. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog, it's clear we have a lot in common!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a bit spooky! Did I mention my Ben goes rock climbing too! Cue spooky music haha. x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a gooden. I thought you could only do things like this with DSLR. x

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments. Don't forget to follow me via twitter for blog updates or to ask me a specific question @agirliknow_

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...