Pages

HomeAboutContact

25.6.12

** Liebster Award **

After what was turning out to be a pretty miserable day I did not think things were going to get better, that was until I opened my inbox and I realised I'd only been nominated for the Liebster Award!  Woo woo commence extreme *girly claps*  The lovely Niamh over at  One Girl And The World  included me in her nominations and she succeeded on putting a MASSIVE smile on my face for the rest of the day so big thanks to Niamh. 


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

The Rules
  1. Each person must post 10 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. Remember, no tag backs!

10 Things About Me

Eeek!  I really hate talking about myself so I'm finding this question a bit tricky.  Ok *deep breath* here it goes!
  1. I used to be really shy when I was younger.
  2. My first crush was the lead singer out of A-HA!
  3. I have 3 tattoos.
  4. My 12 year old son has more clothes than me!
  5. I keep most of my birthday cards from close friends and family.
  6. I am naturally very untidy and also a bad cook.  I once set the grill on fire during a family holiday in a caravan.
  7. I am verging on the edge of having OCD tendencies.  When I hole punch paperwork the holes must be in the exact same position every time! 
  8. I've only been in love once.
  9. I never wear my hair up because I think I look like a boy.
  10. I wish I'd never given up ice skating when i was younger as I was actually pretty good at it. 

10 Questions from Niamh over at http://onegirlandtheworld.blogspot.co.uk/

  1. What's the naughtiest thing you've ever done?  For legal reasons I couldn't possibly say!! lol
  2. What's the nicest thing you've ever done?  Hand delivered a letter to a hospital ward which had been sent to my house by mistake.
  3. What's the first thing you think of when I say....BISCUIT? Digestive!!
  4. Ever had a really bad haircut? (Details Please :P)  Oh god yes!  A very short hair do that made me look like a boy.  I made it worse by trying to put clips in it.  All photos have been destroyed.
  5. Would you rather go to the moon or the centre of the earth? Definitely the moon so I could wave to you all.
  6. Favourite childhood memory? Going to an awesome park in London that had rope swings etc.
  7. What are you most looking forward to? The rest of my life!!
  8. Sweet or Sour? Ummm neither.  I'm a savoury girl.
  9. Summer or Winter? Summer
  10. Hot or Cold? Hot hot hot.  I HATE being cold!
Questions for the people I tag

1.  Ever been to a fancy dress party and if so what did you go as?
2.  Do you have any OCD tendencies?
3.  What is the worst outfit you have ever worn?
4.  If you had to do karaoke what would be your Ultimate Karaoke Song?
5.  If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
6.  What is your greatest fear?
7.  As a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
8.  Name 3 favourite films.  I say 3 because I know could not limit myself to one.
9.  If you could go back in time where would you go and why?
10  Name 3 things you like about yourself.  (I chose this question because we spend far too much time analysing things we don't like about ourselves, particularly body parts!!  Let's embrace ourselves and focus on  the good things)

10 People Who Deserve the Liebster Blog Award (in no particular order and for various reasons)

This was trickier than I first thought.  So many of you lovely bloggers have more than 200 followers!  I actually had to find some new blogs to read and found some lovely musings. So without further ado, drum please...........my nominations are as follows..........

  1. Secret Blog
  2. Dreamy Roots
  3. Koju Bofu
  4. Big Greek Adventure
  5. Love Lemon
  6. You Can Take The Girl Out Of The Country
  7. Tatter and Fray
  8. Tthirty Something Skellum
  9. All Sweetness And Life
  10. So Stacy Sews
So there we go! Now to tell these lovely people I've tagged them! :)  Some of them have already received the Liebster Award but I don't see anything in the rules about receiving it more than once so who cares!  It's all about spreading the love!

14 comments:

  1. Wow thank you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooww I can't believe it!! I'm SO happy! Thank you so much :)***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! You are too sweet! Now of course I'm staying:D

    But not to bore everyone with myself, I'll just answer here :)))

    1. Ever been to a fancy dress party and if so what did you go as?
    I've been to a 'military' themed party and I dressed up as, well, a soldier :D

    2. Do you have any OCD tendencies?
    Oh yes. I'll just leave it like that as it's nothing to brag about in my case ;)

    3. What is the worst outfit you have ever worn?
    Each one I wore when I was 30 pounds heavier.

    4. If you had to do karaoke what would be your Ultimate Karaoke Song?
    A Marillion song for sure! I love them.

    5. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
    spinach <3

    6. What is your greatest fear?
    It's so difficult to say and everyone asks about this. I have no idea. I don't think I'm afraid of a particular thing. I have a fear of failing :D

    7. As a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
    An actress or a builder... I'll be a bit of both at the same time soon as I study architecture :D

    8. Name 3 favourite films. I say 3 because I know could not limit myself to one.
    That's another tough one :D The Tom Hanks classics and loads of Polish movies.

    9. If you could go back in time where would you go and why?
    I'd go to the 1920s, as I love their fashion, manners and music... Would be lovely to be the 20s woman!

    10 Name 3 things you like about yourself. (I chose this question because we spend far too much time analysing things we don't like about ourselves, particularly body parts!! Let's embrace ourselves and focus on the good things)
    my sense of humour, my teeth and my writing skills (too bad only in Polish :D)

    Thanks a lot, it was so much fun!:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Ooooh and I love the 1920's, art deco etc as well. xx

      Delete
  4. I love posts like these, they're so interesting!Congrats on the award xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie. They're a great way of getting to know more about each other. xx

      Delete
  5. All done and on the blog! Thanks again for the nomination x http://lovelemon1.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you, thanks so much for the nomination, I'd like to thank God, my parents.....

    So am I right in thinking I can't nominate you back, yah??

    I will have to get on this, I've been so busy working!

    Love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog, sweetie (sorry I couldn't find your name anywhere?!!) - I've LOVED reading your answers/facts about you, they made me laugh out loud in places!!!! And I'm with you on the facts About Me, no.2 Morten Harket wasn't quite my first, but I did see them at Hammersmith Odeon in 1986... plus no.7 the OCD: I have to have all tin cans and packets the right way round in the cupboards, all lables to the front (I could go on and on there).

    I love your writing and look forward to reading more: am now following! You have a great blog!!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com/

    P.S. I've replied to your comment too :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry - typing dyslexia!! Labels, not lables. I'm OCD about spelling and grammar too, haha x

      Delete
    3. Wow Catherine after reading your comments I had a grin on my face that would have put the cheshire cat to shame. Thank you for the confidence boost and the follow. Looking forward to the working wardrobe post :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments. Don't forget to follow me via twitter for blog updates or to ask me a specific question @agirliknow_

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...